Thursday, August 13, 2009

A Brief Note to MY Daughter

Roxana:

Thank you for your words and congratulations on being so busy with essentially fun stuff and activities. This has been a tough week for Tito and me, as we essentially said goodbye to my Uncle Tony (Tia Bertha's husband). The service was this past Monday at the Catholic Church in Bonita. My first job was as a dishwasher at his Casa Don Diego Restaurant when I was only 16. He was a very great guy, he knew your Tito and Tita when they were teenagers. Anyway,I just got dropped off by a tow-truck since my pickup blew it's rear tire (and the tire was relatively new). So I panicked because I never leave Tito alone for more than a few minutes, but I dropped off a friend at the border this morning (after lending him my truck) - I was in shorts, had not yet shaved or bathed it was supposed to be a quick drop off - I ended up borrowing a Border Patrol officers's cell phone to call the tow company and my aunt Elsa to check on my dad. All turned out okay, but I was soooooo desperate about my Pop being alone for that brief moment. Somehow I felt like I messed up. I should NEVER leave my dad alone. NEVER! Anyway, more to tell ya, but I will save it for that next SPECIAL day that I get to see you and Jessica.

Love,

Dad

P.S. "Tito" and "Tita" are terms of endearment for "Grandfather" and "Grandmother" ---- respectively.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say hello. I miss my grandpa and always am thinking of him. God bless u and maybe I can stop by this week. ~Sofi