Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Toilet Troubles

Our main bathroom's toilets got really plugged up last week, so I went to work at fixing it. It took me a few hours - but I was able to dislodge whatever had plugged it up. So I was really surprised yesterday when again, it was plugged up.
"Dad, what have you been dumping in the toilet?", I asked - and immediately he responded, "Why, nothing, it must be someone else." - he replied.
But, my Dad also added: "Unless you mean the trash from the trash can in the bathroom." -
Needless to say, after sending a drill pipe down into the deepest part of our primary toilet and fishing out a sock - among other, needless to mention items, once again our toilet was functioning properly.
Such is the world of a caretaker in the terrible world of Alzheimer's. I would cry, but I prefer to laugh.

No comments: