Monday, March 23, 2009

SOS Call Came Through

Alright, tough weekend; and I am glad that it is over. I pulled a ligament on my right ankle so taking care of pop was very difficult (and very painful). I had to call in my reserves; within an hour of my call, I had Aunt Elsa over cooking up food, then my uncle Jorge came over to bring me some anti-inflammatory medicine. Soaked my foot in warm salt water; and my uncle Alfredo took my dad off to spend the rest of the day with my (103 year-old) grandmother and other extended family members. My aunt Vicky was kind enough to bring him home around six in the afternoon. She even brought home dinner.

It was very kind for all of their help. It is good to know that - in case of an emergency, I have them in my and my father's life.

I still cannot drive, but I can walk well enough to do the basic things. This weekend proved that it can be very, very good to be from a large family.

1 comment:

no1daughteroflewydad said...

Hi Ricardo,

Wow, your post warmed my heart, not that you hurt yourself (sorry to hear that) but that so many family members rallied around you and your Dad.

Plus I don't know if anyone else had this happen to them but when I opened your video on you St Pat's post...windows kept opening kinda like dealing out cards.

get better soon and lots of best wishes