Monday, March 2, 2009

Tremendously Crazy Weekend

This weekend consisted of my cousin Mike's birthday party, a graveside funeral for one of my dad's longtime neighbors, visits from no less than ten family members and friends, pizza (lot's of pizza), lemons (lot's of lemons), sleepless nights, confusion, and so much more.
My dad enjoyed being at Mike's party Saturday night, his sisters and respective husbands were present and accounted for; the food was sensational, and Mike's daughter produced an outstanding video/slide show profiling Mike's life as a dad to six kids. We gave Mike a guitar for his day; not that he knows how to play the guitar, but my father does and he thought that it would make a nice gift to remind him of his godfather.
We did not attend Earl's funeral. We loved him dearly, but I do not think it appropriate to take my father to funerals and such. Funerals make him sad and at 81, I believe he has earned the right to mourn from home. Nevertheless, we took a couple of pizzas to his family last night to help explain our absence. They seemed very understanding and cool with the situation.
In regards to the visits, we had nonstop visits from different friends and family members, which always makes my dad laugh and happy inside.
At the end of the day, it makes me happy too. Although a disportunate amount of our acquaintances own lemon trees. Apparently, I deduct that from all the bags of lemons we received this weekend. Lemonade anyone?
Unfortunately, I had very little sleep for the last couple of nights. My dad's nighttime restlessness affects me very directly. Thank GOD for baby monitors; at least I can sleep in my own bedroom.

No comments: